Plate Heat Exchanger in Fruit Juice Production
Plate Heat Exchanger in Fruit Juice Production Line
In beverage industry, plate heat exchangers are used widely for juice heating, pasteurization (HTST & UHT) and cooling process. Its characteristics as small size, high efficiency now are well suitable for complicated operating conditions in juice production.
Basic Requirements of Heat Exchanger in Beverage Industry
Common operating condition: high degree moisture, high tempreture drop, aicd fluid.
Material: Safty for drinks, gaskets and sealings are using food grade rubbers, plates and frames are using stainless steels.
Clearance: Easy for disassemble and cleaning. At the bottom of equipment, 1/100 incline to reduce leaving fluid. And bolts are in T-shape thread which can be cleaned easily.
Plate Heat Exchanger Advantages in Fruit Juice Production
1. High heat transfer coefficient, normally 3~5 times than shell and tube type.
2. Low fouling factors, normally 1/3 ~ 1/10 compared to shell and tube type.
3. Compact structure, small size, average metal cost per heating area is only 10kg/m2, 1/3 ~ 1/4 compared to tubes. Best choice for old plants to upgrade their equipments.
4. Short passing through time in heating, less internal corners.
5. Well distributed flow interface, shorter heating time.
6. Intense fluid flow in plate to plate and smooth surface, which is hard to foul.
7. Unit heating, cooling and heat recovery.
Notes for Plate Heat Exchanger Selection
1. Plate Model: H- Plate or V- Plate.
2. Section and Gap: Single or Multiple; Wide or Small.
3. Pressure Drop Reconcile.
4. Pressure Compression.
5. Fouling Clearance.
For more information about Plate Heat Exchanger via link: Plate Heat Exchanger